Saturday, March 8, 2008

My Jacobean socks

Mods done to SKP2008 pattern but would not comply to the SKP2008 guidelines, which states that you may not change the design, that being said, I like mine to be a better fitting and understand that what fits me won't fit anyone else.. (why else would I bother to knit my perfectly fitting socks for my imperfectly shaped ankles/feet?). I liked the pattern, but I thought I could do better.

2.5mm needles using Rowan Cashsoft 4ply Redwood I bought on spesh for just this sort of project. The patterns large size was 62 sts!!! so my 72 is a lot more isn't it?

72st CO; repeated panel on the back of leg; p1, K1tbl, p1, K1tbl, p1 added between panels; 15st centre panel extended a further repeat of diamond to 1st each side; centre diamond added, starting on the K5 centre row, replaced with K2, P1, K2; the new k7sts rows, K2, p1, k1, p1, K2; then same mod on the reducing K5 centre row.

No comments: