Sunday, July 1, 2012

Craft and Quilt Show at Darling Harbour

Was on a couple of weeks ago, and here is a photo of our exhibit
Mine is the white Kate shawl - with 2 on it
I was there two days, with different people. The public are asked to vote for the one they like the best and this year they picked me!!!! and I won $50. They didn't last year...

It was the last year at Darling Harbour, they are pulling down the convention centre in August. The feature this year was beads.. Horrible people.  Last year the beads were overpriced and I happily left them there, this year I got some nice cracked glass black/clear ones to put on a shawl.

I had an excellent time with Leonie from Newcastle, I promised to show her how to put beads on stitches with the machine. We had a lot of fun and Leonie took home the samples.

And the sad thing about the day, one of my daughter's acquaintances from her gaming crowd heard my laugh and voice and thought daughter was back in Sydney, turned around and was dissapointed to see me, then when she went home, Ravelry stalked me (I had my name badge on) and realised I was her mum. Wish she had come up to say hi, but she is apparently painfully shy. But is a knitter all is forgiven. Next time I hope she will come and say hi.

No comments: