- First thing run the carriage across the beds ONCE ONLY before the first row.
- I decided to go from L to R - 1st colour, cross 2nd colour in front of 1st, cross third etc. so it goes the way of the carriage and the next row the same 1st, cross 2nd, cross 3rd.
I tried a couple of different ways of holding the yarns, but in the end I held them all together about 25-ish cm below the centre, firmly in one hand and allow them to run though my fingers
Things to look out for
- all latches much be OPEN
- yarn MUST lay on top of the flat latches
- make sure the END needle is covered
- make sure the crosses cover adjacent needles OR
- don't miss a needle when positioning yarns
- always cross even if at an angle
- use weights evenly across the work
- check to make sure that all needles have knitted, sometimes they don't
I'll add some photos tomorrow and anything else I want to add.