Tuesday, February 2, 2010

2:2 ewrap Cast On

Working around the gate pegs was a difficult thing for me.

So here's what I did:


I covered the pegs with black
poster hangers.


This enabled me to wind all along the needles
without catching the pegs.







The plastic doesn't have to cover the pegs
after you have wrapped them
that makes it easier to move it along
and keep the pegs covered.









And here it is ready to do the stocking stitch.
2 stitches from the ribber to one on the front bed.
Even though it loops off the comb, it stretches out beautifully.

4 comments:

Mar said...

Methinks you are making it harder than it has to be. When you ewrap, you can let the "e" sit toward the top of the needle, thus avoiding the gate pegs. As you progress across, the stitches slide down where you want them to be. I think with the extra doohicky you are sticking on top you are getting stitches that are larger than they have to be. maybe?

ozlorna said...

I just don't have the dexterity in my fingers to do it without tangling in the gate posts. I'm going to blame arthritis, but I think getting the fingers to do new things is also part of it. I gave up after a couple of hours of doing it over and over again and covered them up. Easy, done first time. Perhaps when I become more proficient at it I wont need to cover them up. If not, it got done!

Monique said...

Thank you for the pics Ozlorna. I'm just curious why anyone would go through the trouble of e-wrap cast on when using a ribber. The regular cast on is so quick and easy and clean looking. Is there something I'm missing?

ozlorna said...

I didn't like the cast on I managed to do, it really didn't sit nicely on the 2:2 rib. Puffy and wrinkly and blahh. Once I managed not to catch the gate posts, It was very quick and looks really good.

My next project on it will be a felted bag - Oh that one's going to be quick!! straight out of the book!

I like trying new things, it's good for the ageing brain, apparently, if only the fingers would cooperate!