Wednesday, October 7, 2020

I've Been Using Eyelash Type Yarns Lately

 I have been using fluffy and eyelash yarns lately on my Brand Spanking New LK150. And I have had to explain this more than once, so I thought it might be good to post.

Eyelash yarn I've been using has a "nap" for want of a better word. The fibres sit flat against the base cord one way, and when knitted WITH the fibres flat against the cord, the machine process knits them in with the cord, making sewing up easy. Knitting against is OK, but I did find it harder to sew up.

Straight out fluffy yarn knits flat and loves a good brush AFTER seaming. 


Hand knitting tends to push the fibres out on the purl side, which doesn't happen with the machine.



But as you can see, it brushes out very well!






1 comment:

Donna said...

Thank you for the tip. I bought a couple dozen of the small skeins of eyelash yarn that a discount outlet had and could figure out how to use it. Now I have some ideas!